6.04.2010

The Garden

managed to get a couple of my summer project movies (see below) in in the past couple days. about one the less said the better, but as for the other: wow. Scott Hamilton Kennedy's The Garden,  is perhaps one of the more gripping, tense, heartfelt, soaring films i've come across of late, a documentary somehow managing to be about life, death, race, politics, industry, media, celebrity and at bottom, class warfare. if you're not fuming as you watch, then you are part of the problem. currently available on demand thru netflix. do yourself a favor - unplug the phone, dim the lights, and block off 85 minutes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just watched the trailer at work and now I don't want to work anymore, I just want to watch this movie. I'm sure my boss won't mind...