11.06.2017

MM on Residency - Day 1

 documenting this just as element of living the artistic dream. will try to add every day

Sunday, MM woke around 4 a and left. I caught her just as taxi was pulling up, ready to take her to airport for 3 flights (13 days in WY, part of her being finalist for Pen/Hemingway for People Like You).  I went back to bed but F had cough and fever and so she was waking up every few moments and then on top of that it was daylight savings so the kids internal clocks woke them at 5 a instead of 6 a. fun!

we got through the morning slowly. since it was grey and cloudy and cold i let the kids climb into bed w/ me and watch shows on the ipad so I could doze mindlessly beside them. By the time all that was done it was 8 am and the day stretched before me like a long road.  breakfast and then walked the dog. then got them into the car and went to Tryon Creek, a frequent haunt. walking in the woods is harder w/ 2 kids, both of whom wanted to be carried at same time. made it home for lunch and then they both napped. i watched e1 of mindhunter.

after naps gave them presents from MM (lego and butterfly costume) and then went to grandma and grandpa P's. then back home for dinner and bed. F's cough/fever persists so gonna keep her home on Monday and grandma P will help.

at night, I am working on fundraising trailer for my next feature film Sister/Brother. version 1 is edited just needs color correction and final sound mix. re-watched Remains of the Day and freaked out at how great it is, though i only got in an hour b/f starting to get drowsy. Headed to bed and F woke me up every 30 min or so.

2 comments:

lady said...

Sweet god. I think you're going to need a trophy upon my return. xo

Brian Padian said...

Oh I’m just warming up