11.17.2009

Introducing Taffy "Sunburst" McKittrick

I am reticent to get into the area of endorsement but I cannot deny the impact that a young singer/songwriter named Taffy McKittrick has had on me. At some point this year, maybe through this very blog, he tracked me down and announced his intention to become "internet BFF's" something I had no interest in. Thinking him a spammer or a phisher (or worse) I merely ignored him. But he sent repeated and multiple emails, urging me intensely to check out his blog. I finally broke down a few months ago and I duly admit to you - head hung low - that I read it from time to time. His songs and writings generally hover around a few topics (boring day job, thoughts of an artist, microwave burritos) but one cannot deny the sheer inadvertant ridiculousness they engender. What McKittrick lacks in talent he makes up for with eager full-throated ambition. I suppose that's a back-handed compliment. Taffy has urged me to make mention of him on this blog which I have resisted for quite some time. But, what can I say, he broke me:

If you have the stomach for it, you can experience Taffy McKittrick's blog writings here and his songcraft here (youtube) or here (vimeo).

I shall never mention him again. promise.

2 comments:

Taffy "Sunburst" McKittrick said...

OMG BP! I just got a goggle alert that sent me strait to your page! TY so MFing much!!! Also, Thank you for the backhanded compliment!!
I will continue to honor your wishes and not call you or send you harassing emails from here on out!!

your internet BFF
Taffy

Cheryl Strayed said...

I'm impressed that Taffy knows the difference between "compliment" and "complement." That's truly master class, Taffy. No offense, of course.